Who we are
What we collect
Nomadic Scots may ask for contact information including name, email address, physical address and phone number should you wish to get in touch or collaborate with us. Website Visitors
At your option, Nomadic Scots may collect your name and email address if you:
- enquire or contact us using our contact forms;
- respond or sign up in via ads or landing pages;
- sign up for our Newsletter;
- sign up or engage with blog posts via comments
In addition, we also collect information such as web server logs, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, or other information as part of aggregated data. Cookies and other tracking technologies
Embedded content from other websites
How we use your information
- to respond to any contact initiated by you
- to send you offers and articles if you have signed up for our newsletter
- to provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters;
- to fulfil an agreement or contract made with you
- to process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
How we share your information
Nomadic Scots shares the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- third Party Providers – Nomadic Scots has it’s email list hosted with MailChimp;
- as Required by Law or Similar Investigations – To comply with legal obligations or investigate potential legal violations;
- consent – Nomadic Scots will only share your information with your consent.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing emails from Nomadic Scots at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in the email received, or by emailing us at [email protected]
. As outlined in the Section, COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES, you can also control your cookie settings.
How long we keep your data & security
When Nomadic Scots no longer has a legitimate business need to process your personal information, or no longer has a need to keep your personal information for any legal, tax, or regulatory reason, we will either delete your information. Nomadic Scots takes all reasonable steps to protect information received from you from loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to secure your information, and we use industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for your data that is transferred over the internet. Despite its use of encryption, Nomadic Scots cannot guarantee any method of transmission of information over the internet is 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
Legal basis for processing information
Nomadic Scots legal basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. Nomadic Scots will process personal information from you where;
- we have your consent to do so;
- where processing is necessary for Nomadic Scots to perform Services pursuant to an agreement;
- where processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. At any time, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent. If you do not provide the requested information, Nomadic Scots will not be able to perform services for you. Also, you have the right to object where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information.
If you wish to complain to Nomadic Scots, please write to us at [email protected]
If you are still not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you can refer your complaint to UK Information Commissioner’s Office